The Libertarian Party of Monroe County affirms the following principles:
- That all people possess certain unalienable natural rights, and that among these are rights to life, liberty, justly acquired property, and self-governance.
- That the only moral basis of government is the preservation and protection of unalienable natural rights.
- That no person or institution, public or private, has the right to initiate the use of physical force, coercion, or fraud against another person, and that all people are bound, without contract, to abstain from infringing upon the natural rights of other people.
- That all people are entitled to choose their own lifestyles, provided they do not forcibly impose their values on others.
- That the voluntary and unrestricted exchange of goods and services is fundamental to a peaceful and harmonious society.